Resource link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LtQD7yxuewlumK9JQhtuAfE2nVWI_8NbICQmFplee4s/edit

According to Pod 8 resource, I think they did a great job of giving a basic understanding of the economy. As a student who without any economic professional background, Pod 8’s resource interested me in economics, and want to continue learning. According to the YouTube video provided by them, I can clearly understand the knowledge they want to convey.

However, in my own view, this resource might not suitable for all their target learners, especially the English learners and learners who have hearing trouble. It seems to me that they need to reconsider their target learners or change their learning activities a little bit. First of all, I think they may need to conduct a basic survey on learners, such as which students have hearing problems, or which students are English learners. It may be unfair and unfriendly for them to group students without understanding their situation. Secondly, I think the way to participate in the course activities is not suit for learners with hearing problems. Although English learners have certain difficulties in communication and understanding, they can basically discuss with others and participate in the final speech. But for learners with hearing problems, they only participate in the previous preparation, that is, the writing. They can’t participate in the speeches or communicating with other groups members. it might be difficult for them to complete their homework, and also give them some negative emotions.

For a class of 10-15 people, I think it is easies for the instructor to handle technology and learning context problems. Perhaps your group might consider to leave the instructor’s email or contact information, so the instructor can help learners solve problems in time. Moreover, for English learners and learners with hearing problems, your group may need to have instruction about how to use the software, such as the Slack and Zoom. In my consideration, your groups might need to explain each technology more specific in the Interactive  Learning Resource.

I also have some suggestions on the interaction between the team members and the teacher and students. The plan mentioned that the communication between the team members is through ZOOM. But if there are learners with hearing problems in the group, I think it is still difficult to communicate. Maybe they can make more use of chat software to communicate, such as Messager, using text to provide convenience for learners with hearing problems, and also give English learners more time to understand messages.

I think choosing inquiry-based learning is very reasonable, your group did a good job on this part! For Cognitivism Learning Theory, although it is similar to Behaviorism Learning Theory, Cognitivism stresses the acquisition of knowledge and internal mental structures. I think Behaviorism might be more suit for your topic.

Overall I think your group did a really good job on this Interactive Learning Resource! I hope my opinion could be helpful. But if your group have any other idea that is different from mine, please do not mind my personal thought. I hope your group have an excellent final project in the end!